 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1073
Re: Revisions to RcxCC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 22:35:02 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Ronald Strijbosch writes:
John,

Yes please mail me your source code so I can add scout support to my program.
In the beta version I added syntax highlighting the same way as in RCXCC only
programmed in VB.

I'll email you what I have.  I have not enabled Scout support completely in
that I have not touched the "fancy" features of RcxCC that let you watch the
brick, etc...  Some of them may work.  Others may not.  What I have enabled
is the compile, download, and run programs with the Scout.  That I have
tested and it works great.  My interest in RcxCC is primarily with respect
to the compile/download/run cycle.  The "fancy" features I may get to
eventually.

Later tonight I will be uploading a new file with a replacement editor which
provides support for:

1) Working multi-level undo/redo
2) Set bookmarks and goto bookmarks
3) Revised/improved Find/FindNext/FindPrevious/Replace support
4) Vastly improved response time with Syntax highlighting
5) Much more user-configurable syntax highlighting setup
6) Syntax printing with print preview and page setup (with header/footer)
7) User-configurable keystroke commands (saving to/loading from registry not
yet implemented)
8) Many user-configurable editor options
9) Block indent/unindent
10) Find matching bracket
11) Drag/drop editing support
12) Column selection support
13) Many more fixes/enhancements I can't remember (unfortunately)

I'd love to see Tamotsu's code that uses the NQC -raw option so I can
similarly enhance the "fancy" features of RcxCC and not re-invent the wheel.

Find my revised version at:

http://members.aol.com/johnbinder/rcxcc.zip

It'll be up there sometime tonight.

John Hansen