 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1127
Re: Revisions to RcxCC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 13:15:03 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Dean Hystad writes:
Seems like support for the scout is pretty complete except for the target
command line option when compiling a program.  I have written some programs
that compile clean using nqc, but generate syntax errors for Scout specific
commands when compiled from rcxcc.  Has you fixed this recently? I'm using V3.2.

Scout support still has a long way to go in many ways, imho.  A lot works
but I still haven't implemented correct scout support in several of the
dialogs.  I've tried the command line option for Scout (/RCX=2) and it
definitely works on my machine.  It may have been broken in an earlier
release.  Try starting RcxCC with /COM=1 /RCX=2 /AUTO (using the appropriate
COM port number instead of 1 if necessary) and see if it shows Scout in the
statusbar once it starts up.  Create a program with a Scout-specific keyword
and see if it compiles.  This is definitely working using the latest build
on my machine.

I just uploaded a new ZIP to my website.  It fixes a problem with the
startup dialog (perhaps related to the problems Dean is experiencing) that
has been around for several releases.  This version is 3.2.5.1 (see the
About dialog).

I've also started the process of using a Spirit replacement for (eventually)
all the communication with the brick.  I've ported Dave's great NQC code to
Delphi (not the compiler, just the RCX_Link, RCX_Cmd, and serial code).  I'm
still debugging some things that aren't working quite right.  But I hope to
roll it gradually into RcxCC over the next few weeks.

John Hansen