 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1093
Re: Revisions to RcxCC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 00:47:51 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Gustav Jansson writes:
It looks like this version, like the one immediatly before it, requires that
nqc.exe is in the same directory as rcxcc.exe.  With previous versions of
rcxcc, I kept nqc.exe in a different directory but it was still in the path.
I was getting the error:"Unable to execute NQC. Check your installation."
This was not a problem with earlier versions of your RcxCC.  When I copied
nqc.exe to the rcxcc directory the problem went away.  Perhaps nqc.exe is
executed in a different way now then before and thus I get this error when
not in the path.

Whoops.  I was assuming that since Mark's version put NQC in the same
directory as RcxCC everyone was using the NQC in the same directory.  I
hadn't tried it differently myself.  So in one of my past revisions I stuck
a path on the front of the command line used to launch NQC that was the path
of RcxCC.exe.

Anyway, I just uploaded another revision that removes the path from the
command line so it should work if NQC is on the path OR in the same
directory as Rcxcc.  Sorry about that.

John Hansen