 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1054
Re: Revisions to RcxCC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 02:56:08 GMT

In article <GB8sKA.5oA@lugnet.com>, "John Hansen" <JohnBinder@aol.com>
wrote:

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, John Hansen writes:
I've modified the source so it will execute without the Spirit OCX
installed
with limited functionality.  It uses NQC in that case for all its
functionality.

This is unclear.  What I mean to say is that I'm revising RcxCC so that
it
will be able to run in the situation where you do not have the Spirit OCX
installed on your system.  Since NQC is all that is required to compile,
download, and run a program it seemed to me like it would be nice to at
least get that amount of functionality out of RcxCC when NQC is available
but, perhaps, the Spirit OCX is not.  If you happen to have both
installed
then RcxCC will still use it for all its fancy features.

You can probably use NQC to implement a lot of the other fancy features
as well.  The "-raw" option for NQC lets you send raw byte packets.
You'd need to figure out the actual bytecodes from Lego's LASM document,
but you wouldn't have to worry about the communication itself.  I know
its not as easy as spirit.ocx, but if there were one or two "essential"
features you could add them this way.  If you try this and get stuck let
me know and I'll try to help out.

Dave

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com