 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1094
Re: Revisions to RcxCC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 02:09:55 GMT

Dean, I may have broken something in RcxCC related to running NQC.  I'll
take out the code I put in that pops up that error message and, with any
luck, things will be back to normal.  The odd thing is I can't figure out
the conditions that make it start complaining about being unable to launch
NQC.  It's happened a couple times to me but usually it launches it just
fine.  I think it may have something to do with the value NQC is returning
to the system when it exits.

I'm posting a version that will get rid of that (I believe to be erroneous)
error message right now.  Sorry about the hassle.

With the amount of work you have put in on this it should be I who
apologizes for pestering you.

I tried the most recent version.  It is correctly finding the nqc compiler
now.  Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be passing the correct command line
options.  I am getting syntax errors for code that is valid in RCX2 even
though I selected RXC2 when I started the application (it is also the
default).   When compiled from the command line with the option -TRCX2 all
was well.

Is support for the scout working?  I tried using the direct control and
joystick panels and all I get is a beeping scout.

Also, when I select Contents from the Help menu, it pulls up the old help
flash screen from Mark Overmars.  I imagine he appreciates(and certainly
deserves) being acknowledged, but this program is your baby now.