 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1057
Re: Revisions to RcxCC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 18:13:09 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Dave Baum writes:

You can probably use NQC to implement a lot of the other fancy features
as well.  The "-raw" option for NQC lets you send raw byte packets.
You'd need to figure out the actual bytecodes from Lego's LASM document,
but you wouldn't have to worry about the communication itself.  I know
its not as easy as spirit.ocx, but if there were one or two "essential"
features you could add them this way.  If you try this and get stuck let
me know and I'll try to help out.

I am considering taking advantage of the -raw option on NQC or possibly the
-remote option to further enable RcxCC in the absence of Spirit.ocx.  Of
course, most users of RcxCC will have spirit.ocx, but Scout users may not.
I'm not planning on spending a huge amount of time on this aspect of my
revisions to RcxCC.

I am placing a revised RcxCC at

http://members.aol.com/~johnbinder/rcxcc.zip

It contains a modified rcxcc.exe and a new Default sub-directory.  To get
the syntax highlighting to start working you'll need to delete the RCXCC
registry key under HKCU.

I've enabled picking your own color/style scheme for the syntax highlighting
but I won't have that revised zip up until later this evening.

John Hansen