 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1064
Re: Revisions to RcxCC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2001 04:38:03 GMT

Works great! Nice to see the Scout support.

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Tamotsu Kamigaki writes:
I'm Tamotsu Kamigaki from Japan. I am teaching the Computer Science in
university.
I had already modified the RcxCC to support the Scout and the USB IrTower that
is included in RIS2.0 set. The RIS2.0 set was released in Nov. 2000 only in
Japan.
My revised version of RcxCC supports..
1. Scout,
2. USB IrTower,
3. Automatic PB(Programmable Brick) type and COM/USB Port detection,
4. No use of Spirit.ocx.

I also modified the NQC to use the USB IrTower, and use it in my RcxCC for..
1. Compiling and Downloading to PB,
2. Downloading of firmware.

The other function (Communication with PB) such as "Direct Control" or so, is
presented in RcxCC, not necessary to install the Spirit.ocx.

Please download and try my version of RcxCC from
http://minds.cs.hkg.ac.jp/soft/soft.html
(Only Japanese pages available)
We have a plan to make English documents soon. Please wait!!

Tamotsu Kamigaki(Hiroshima Kokusai Gakuin Univ.)