 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1067
Re: Revisions to RcxCC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 13:49:42 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Ronald Strijbosch writes:
Hi,

I'm Ronald Strijbosch from the Netherlands and I have made a brent new program
based om RCXCC, called Visual NQC 2001. The program is still in beta but the
final version will be released soon.

Adding Scout support, if you are relying on Spirit.ocx, is essentially the
same as providing Cybermaster support.  It was very simple for me to add
Scout support to RcxCC.  I'll email you my revised RcxCC source code if
you'd like.

I am not a fan of programs written using VB so I won't be using Visual NQC
2001.  How did you handle the syntax highlighting in your VB version?

I tested Tamotsu's revised RcxCC and couldn't get it to allow me to download
and run programs when Spirit.ocx was not installed.  Also, when I started it
with no RcxCC registry key already existing I got an unreadable error
message of some sort at startup.  I could never get it to properly syntax
highlight the keywords, commands, and constants all at the same time.

If anyone is interested they can try a revised RcxCC with:

1) Scout & RCX2 support in addition to Cybermaster & RCX 1/1.5
2) Support for program selection, download, and run programs even if
Spirit.ocx is not installed
3) Support for user-configurable color/style settings for syntax highlighting
4) Fixed preference loading bug (incorrect registry key name)
5) Fixed Tile Vertical bug (exception when no windows are open)
6) Added more default Scout/RCX2 templates
7) Several other minor bug fixes that I haven't documented

http://members.aol.com/johnbinder/rcxcc.zip

I'm working on a much improved editor with bookmarks, undo/redo lists, block
indent/unindent, and more.

Thanks,

John Hansen