 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1072
Re: Revisions to RcxCC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 17:29:27 GMT

Hi,

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, John Hansen writes:
Adding Scout support, if you are relying on Spirit.ocx, is essentially the
same as providing Cybermaster support.  It was very simple for me to add
Scout support to RcxCC.
I don't think so.
For my version of RcxCC Scout support, I dumped Scount memory map
on various conditions.(Thanks to NQC -raw option!!)
I will report the inside of Scout sometime.

Scout is similar to Cybermaster as John stated,
but I think Scout is more similar to RCX2 in local variables, events or so.
If you use your RcxCC only to make and download the scout program,
it is NOT necessary to use Spirit.ocx nor any communication function.
But if you want to use full support of "diagnostics", "memory map",
"watching brick", or so, you must give up to use Spirit.ocx,
and make own communication routine.
Of course, Spirit.ocx doesn't support the USB IrTower.
My version of the RcxCC has own communication routine to realize above
functions. Please try to check battery voltage on Diagnostics Window,
variables and sensor values and so on.

I tested Tamotsu's revised RcxCC and couldn't get it to allow me to download
and run programs when Spirit.ocx was not installed.  Also, when I started it
with no RcxCC registry key already existing I got an unreadable error
message of some sort at startup.  I could never get it to properly syntax
highlight the keywords, commands, and constants all at the same time.
My version never use Spirit.ocx, so there is no relation whether spirit.ocx
is installed or not. but NQC.exe is necessary to run or download programs.
I guess the unreadable error message is Japanese one, I will check and
update it well.
I don't modified any source about editor or preferences,
so it is original one of RcxCC. These are things to do next.

Tamotsu Kamigaki
http://minds.cs.hkg.ac.jp/