 Robotics / RCX / 1168
1167  |  1169
Subject:
RIS 1.5 Arrived! Dooh!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 01:54:42 GMT

My RIS 1.5 finally arrived today from Amazon.com!  Yay!  Unpacked it.  Wow,
lots of wheels.  Ah, that's the RCX I've read about.  Let's try 'er out. Put
batteries in it.  hmmmm..... doesn't turn on.... must be the stupid battery
charger... Put in fresh Duracells.... still doesn't turn on.... not a good
sign.  Wiggle batteries for a bit, etc.  Everything in tight.  Phone Lego
technical support.  Lady agrees is not good.  Says someone will phone me in a
week about returning it (??? Isn't that what I phoned _her_ for?)

So here I sit, lots of sensors and motors and not an RCX in sight for probably
a month or two.  Can you say frustrated?  Of course, it's probably a loose
connection that would take 2 minutes to find, and 1 minute to fix - but if I
crack it open I void the warrenty.  Dooooooh.

Maybe I can hook those treads up to my DDK....