 Robotics / RCX / Java / 64
Re: Lejos Rerun
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 01:34:18 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, Andy Gombos writes:

If the batteries are flat, then nothing would be remembered anyway, right? :)

Isn't the memory battery backed? I had intended to get it to shut down
before the batteries go completely flat for this reason. I can then swap
battery packs(I am using external sealed lead acid batteries and the
internal batteries back this while I swap them over) and let it continue on
it's way.

I have worked out another approach, so this isn't an issue any longer. I
will just simulate a flat battery to the learning part of the software every
20-30 minutes. Then it will get a few chances at finding the charger.

Thanks
Gordon