 Robotics / RCX / Java / 63
Re: Lejos Rerun
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 05:37:13 GMT

Gordon wrote:

Hi All,

I am working in Lejos, which I've found to be a great environment to get
working (on Windows 98) and to work in, and have a problem.

In earlier versions of Lejos(at least according to the docs), and Tinyvm,
objects persisted across runs. I know this was not standard Java behaviour,
but it is exactly what I now need. So, is there any way to keep the state of
a program and restart where you left off.

My reason for needing this is that I am working on my robot learning it's
way around my house, including where it's charger is. If it forgets
everything learned when the batteries go flat, it will never learn to do
anything.

If the batteries are flat, then nothing would be remembered anyway, right? :)  I
guess that you could upload data to the PC, and then download it again when the
'bot needs it. The PC could also do some processing on the data to make the
RCX's job easier.

Andy

Can anyone suggest a way around this?

Thanks