 Robotics / 14988
Re: program wont stop running
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2001 00:20:50 GMT

In article <3ace50f0.21784283@lugnet.com>, canajef@charlie.acc.iit.edu
wrote:

O.k.,

I've never had this happen before, and don't know why it's doing it
now.  A program as simple as:

task main()
{
  SetPower(OUT_A,7);
  OnFwd(OUT_A);
}

won't stop running after i hit the "Run" button on the rcx (1.5).
Also, the little person in the display window doesn't move.  The
program runs fine (motor goes on), i just cant stop it.

If the person stops running, then that means the program has stopped.
The "Run" button stops a program and turns off the motors.  However,
when a program finished normally (with nothing more to do), the motors
are left in whatever state the program put them in.  Often I'll add the
following line at the end of my program to prevent it from actually
stopping - thus allowing me to use the Run button to stop the program
and motors:

  while(true);

Dave Baum

--