 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1084
Re: New RcxCC revision posted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 19:17:13 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Gustav Jansson writes:
Well I'm glad you apologized. :) I just finished downloading and testing
your previous version only to find that there is even a newer one.  I really
like the new editing features BTW.  The multilevel undo and the line numbers
are a great addition.  I'm still looking forward to the block indent and
other block editing features.  Perhaps this is already there but I have not
found it.

You can select text and indent it with Ctrl+Shift+I and unindent it with
Ctrl+Shift+U.  These keystrokes are configurable in the Preferences dialog.
Look for ecBlockIndent and ecBlockUnindent.  Scanning through the list of
editor commands might reveal some nice editor features.  I just noticed a
bug in the edit keystrokes dialog that is replicating the editor commands
each time you open that dialog.  I'll fix that asap.

Unfortunately the "Insert File" feature (off the file menu) has Ctrl+Insert
set as its shortcut.  I will probably remove that shortcut so people who
wish to use Ctrl+Insert as Copy can do so.  It seems to me that inserting a
file into the current editor window is not a frequently used operation
requiring its own convenient shortcut.

I'm looking into intermittant problems with launching NQC that some people
have reported.

If you try to shrink the Gutter width, by the way, and you don't reduce the
digit count it will not get any narrower.  With a digit count of 4 it won't
get any smaller than 30 pixels wide.  Try setting digit count to a smaller
number if you want to make the Gutter narrower.  You may need to fiddle with
the Left Offset number as well (which leaves space to the left of line
numbers for the bookmark images).  There appears to be a few bugs or
"features" with respect to the Gutter width.  If you turn on line numbers it
seems to ignore the width setting as if "auto size" is turned on.  I'll look
into it.

Thanks,
John Hansen