 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1086
Re: New RcxCC revision posted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 22:42:29 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Marco Correia writes:
These options seam perfect, thanks John.

I'll test it, when I get back home and post my findings.

Be sure to use the most recent version to test the startup options.  I
tested it the other day and it seemed slightly broken but the last round of
fixes which I uploaded on Saturday may have fixed the problems.  I'll be
doing some more testing early this week myself.

I've fixed a few other problems since Saturday and I uploaded a new version
this evening.

Fixed in this release:

1) Read Only files opened in the editor are now (with any luck) actually
read only.  The previous release would still allow you to do several sorts
of edits that should not be allowed on a file that is supposedly read only.

2) The keystroke editor defect mentioned in my last post has been fixed.  Be
sure to click the Default button on the Options tab of the Preferences
dialog to clear out the extra stuff I was writing to the registry for the
keystrokes.

3) I had broken the Macros when I switched to the new editor control.  I
noticed that and fixed it in this release.

4) I lightly modified a few of the other dialogs to better support the
Scout.  The watch window correctly hides variables greater than number 9 and
timer number 3 among other revisions.  The Memory Map window will currently
display "not yet implemented for Scout" if displayed when the RCX type is Scout.

5) I modified the program to auto-create fewer forms on startup which may
make it start a little bit faster and use a little less memory and system
resources.

Has anyone seen the Easter Egg Marc Overmars put in the About box?

LMKWYT,
John Hansen