 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1087
RE: New RcxCC revision posted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 09:49:44 GMT

Hi,

Ok, so, I got home, downloaded the .zip, installed it on my "LegoStation" (a
486 with RCX2 on COM2 and CyberMaster on COM3) over the last version.

I think this was the "3.2 May 16th" Version.

Started up, defined the window sizes and positions and saved the two .ini
files.

Altered my pBricks.bat to:
Start RcxCC.exe /COM=2 /RCX=3 /POS=RCX2.ini
Start RcxCC.exe /COM=3 /RCX=1 /POS=CyberMaster.ini

...and started it up.

The new features work well. I think it could try to use the comm settings
first, and only show the connection windows if it fails to connect.

I like the "new" editor. As you said, it's a bit anoying the CTRL-INS not
working as expected.

I did some quick tests with the some NQC programs (didn't have the time to
do a proper test, for now) and I noticed some problems:

1) When having a syntax error, like #endf instead of #endif, the RCXCC gives
an wrong error message, saying it can't find NQC (I did get a snapshot of
it, but forgot to send it here). In my test, the syntax error was in an
#include file (I don't remember if I did the same test with the current
program file). I'm using NQC 2.2

2) There are some situations where the program warns of an error about
SPIRIT (again, I did a snapshot but don't have it here right now) and it's
anoying because it repeats the message box many times, creating about 20
warning boxes in 5 seconds. The only way to get out of this situation, is by
keeping the ENTER key pressed.

3) There's still some hangups when calling NQC, but I think these are fewer
than before.

I know I'm not helping much, because I'm not giving specific data, correctly
describing the various situations that create these errors, but thought of
saying something about what happened to me last night.

I'll try to do some serious documented tests with the most recent version I
can get at the time, this weekend (if not sooner). I'll post them here.

Keep up the good (and incredibly fast!) work on RcxCC, John :)

Thxs,

mc.

PS: Easter Egg ? ARGH! Have to investigate that ;)