 Robotics / RCX / 1187
1186  |  1188
Subject:
Help with Windows 2000 and nqc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2001 06:11:07 GMT

(and all of the RCXcc updates)

I have been happily using Linux to write nqc programs for over a year now,
but I needed to migrate back to Windows 2000 for a while. So far, I can do
everything I need except program my RCX! I loaded the Mindstorms software to
register spirit.ocx and ran regsvr32 c:/winnt/spirit.ocx for good measure.
Neither RCXcc or nqc (nqc -s(1|4) -clear) can find the RCX tower (no green
light). I am flummoxed... I have read that others have run nqc under Win 2k
without issue. Has anyone encountered this problem before?

In linux, I would assume that one of my paths is not set properly. Is this a
possibility in Win2K?

Thanks for any help...

Rich Thompson
http://www.robotthoughts.com