 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1836
Re: Dynamic lists allowed?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 22:53:13 GMT

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Juan Gonzalez wrote:

Since I just got started with legOs (thanks to 'Extreme Mindstorms'), I'm
creating a set of high level utility functions.  This one here is intended
to display a DYNAMIC list of values, but there seems to be a problem with
the use of 'struct' and pointers.

Have I gone too far?  Some of the kernel modules use pointers...

If you're interested, this is a circular list which is constantly being
displayed by a thread, while the main process keeps adding entries to the list.

struct tNode {
  char text[6];
  int value;
  tNode *next; • This should be "struct tNode *next;"
  } list;

After this, any time you want to refer to a tNode, you need to say "struct
tNode". Or you can put "typedef struct tNode tNode" and then use the
"tNode" as a type like you're doing.

--
"From now on, we live in a world where man has walked on the moon.
And it's not a miracle, we just decided to go." -- Jim Lovell

Mike Ash - <http://www.mikeash.com/>, <mailto:mail@mikeash.com>