 Robotics / RCX / 1197
Re: R: May I use RCX to play a .wav file?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 17:37:12 GMT

Zhengrong Zang escribió:

Thank you very much! I think your utilities are evry useful!
I don't know more about music, so I wan to ask you, if you can convert MIDI to
NQC, why didn't you also convert WAV to NQC?  Although I can convert WAV to
MIDI using anothe utility, then use your MIDI2RCX, but if WAV2RCX can support
NQC directly, it is better.
I want to use NQC because it can be used for RCX or Scout, all my projects and
programs try to be used both for RCX and Scout + Micro-scout.

Br
Zhengrong

WAV2RCX makes a "MIDI" of the wav.

I'm also trying to play a wav with the RCX, and I have found this
information.

The pages explain how to play a tone and a PCM wave with 1 bit speaker,
like the famous PC-speaker, it's great.
http://fly.srk.fer.hr/GDM/articles/sndmus/speaker1.html
http://fly.srk.fer.hr/GDM/articles/sndmus/speaker2.html

The problem here is to find the time of full extension.

Does anybody know how to control the speaker in legOS directly? What
address?

If someone knows more about this just email.