 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *9859 (-100)
  Re: Track Geometry

(...) There is no perfect solution because the square root of 2 is not a rational number. HOWEVER there are some that are quite close.. within a stud or two both horizontally and vertically) Try this (using track designer which you can get using (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Track Geometry

I'm trying to figure out some track geometry that includes a 45 degree run, but fits back into the regular perpendicular runs. Does anyone know of a website with examples of how to do this. So far I haven't managed anything on my own. Thanks Derek (...) (21 years ago, 18-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: deep thoughts....

(...) I used to think that when I took something apart that's been together for a long time, the pieces that were attached felt bad 'cause they're not 'hangin' with their friends', and that, maybe at some future time, the pieces would be put (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  deep thoughts....

while sorting and putting away a lot of my lego I had this thought. Do you think that when you take apart one of your REALLY old models; and sort the parts back to the proper bin, do the newer parts in the bin look at the "old" dusty parts and treat (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  General Motors Locomotive EMD SD70ACe

Inspired by this loco-- (URL) I made this: (2 URLs) Have a look at the rest of the pics and, if so inclined, let me know what you think! (URL) Few things--I start the project with the trucks, just to see if I could get a 3 wheel truck functioning (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Marble Sorting - marble size

(...) yah, but you can't believe anything you see in those visions. (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Marble Sorting - marble size

(...) (start bart simpson quote) What happened to you man? You changed, you used to be cool. Chris (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Marble Sorting - marble size

(...) Thanks for looking into the size Calum. I actually have MarbleMiser2 built. I am in testing phase now. As for C$ (C4), I will pass in it for now. If I get time, I might take a stab at it... Ciao Dave (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: BOARD ROLL CALL - C$

(...) Yes. (...) I own 2. (...) One I've had for decades the other I purchased about 2 months ago at a garage sale. (...) one board is of this type (...) other board is of this type. (...) Games cupboard at my parents, and a garage sale in London. (...) (21 years ago, 11-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Marble Sorting - marble size

(...) I still have all the marbles from rtl4-whatever, the whites and blacks. Will measure them. Calum (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Dinner tonight

(...) Do I make the trip into the Big Smoke, or do I go home and begin my LEGO weekend building/sorting fest? All week I've been anxious to get mired into ABS, and basically not leave my basement for 48 hours, but then there's dinner... Hmmm... (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Dinner tonight

(...) Screw that, I've got the subway to pay for. At least you have a chance at free parking. :-) Derek (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Dinner tonight

7PM Royal York SC. If you have to pay for parking, Derek will be reimbursing everyone. :) Calum (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Marble Sorting - marble size

(...) I cant help but notice that you still NEVER answer the first question. (pulls dave aside and whispers) Dave, if ya want to run an event you got to take the bull by the horns- tell people EVERYTHING. if you don't know the size. say so. BUT also (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Marble Sorting - marble size

(...) Yeah, putting lotsa work into this... Replied to Dave off-line. Gonna see about getting me some marbles! I've lost all mine! Dave K (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Marble Sorting - marble size

did anyone ever reply to you? since I am not running this game I cant say for certain. I do know that in the past we have used the marbles out of the CHEAP chinese checkers games from TRU. its hard organizing a game. cut dave some slack. ;) Chris (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: "Go" Train is dead

(...) So now that Derek has joined the legion of 6 wide, I wonder what type of train cars and engines he will make? Hmmmm.... Looking forward to it! Get pics up ASAP! :) Dave K (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: "Go" Train is dead

(...) Phew. I can now go back to building interfering structures. Thanks! I started disasssembling buildings too. The grain silo on the train2 poster, the great Sewing Machine Factory on the train1 poster, and more were disassembled last night over (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  "Go" Train is dead

The "Go" train is gone, finished packing away the last of it's pieces this morning. So no more worries about clearance in turns or train stations. :-) I'll be building trains to our more compressed standard in the future. I've still got designs for (...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  New Train Layout in my basement

(URL) yesterday, after sanding all modules (so now they all fit!) Made a new building, which is completetly and titally inspired by Calum's yellow loading dock building--I was even going to use yellow but thought that'd be a little too much. Other (...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train6L, more revisions than the Zorro III arbitration and the A3000 Buster Chip.

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Calum Tsang wrote: <snip> (...) I've visited many train shows over the years--some permanent layouts in people's homes/garages and some weekend shows like NMRA. The permanent layouts usually do something like a U or an E (...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train6L, more revisions than the Zorro III arbitration and the A3000 Buster Chip.

(...) I posted it at 2AM or something, on the assumption it would be read the next day (and perhaps the moderators would have got it). Oh well. What's that Larry good for anyways? :) (...) I like the crossover (though I've always said it's the most (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train6L, more revisions than the Zorro III arbitration and the A3000 Buster Chip.

(...) ever look at them. (...) lines. It means it is no longer possible to just setup two trains and just let them run. You have to be constantly watching them. There really isn't enough space there to do a proper ramp to make a bridge crossing (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto November Dinner

(...) too late. this is one of the neat things about being the organizer.... I can almost arbitrarily say..... TRU OS is the new standard. I have a pic at home that Bruce did up with dimensions, and what not...... i can post that or send it to iain (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: BOARD ROLL CALL - C$

(...) yes. (...) I have 2 (...) more below (...) Somehow, I missed this question in the original post. No, all my team members graduated from a little US school called Purdue. Given that I won't be attending the dinner this week, here's a little (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  A NEW C$ BOARD STANDARD!!! Re: BOARD ROLL CALL - C$

OK, it took some work, but a decision has been made. enough people have the Toys-R-US OLD STYLE board, and that is what the standard will be. I THINK that the other boards are close enough in size/shape that with a bit of lego shifting you can make (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Some inspiration for your robot building

"Iain Hendry" <militaryduckjock@rogers.com> wrote in message news:Ho5xxq.1nvn@lugnet.com... (...) guy (...) That's OK, just turn down the gravity, and pick the poor pathetic thing up of the floor, it'll be fine, and no one will notice the damage (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Train6L, more revisions than the Zorro III arbitration and the A3000 Buster Chip.

JeffVW house meeting layout studies: (URL) one is based on the train6k Dave sent out. If we try the Derek method of using curves to get into the station, we might be able to get a terminus station in the top corner there. Also, I drew in yellow a (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  spare xl baseplate

I showed up with 13 xl grey baseplates Got 2 as a housewarming present (thanks Jeff!) and I just counted all the ones I have in my basement--16! Something doesn't add up properly! Not that I mind having 4 modules covered completely with xl gy (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Can-Brick Builders at The Hobby Show - Report

(URL) This year marked the 25th anniversary of (URL) The Hobby Show> which takes place every first weekend in November, at the International Center in Toronto, Ontario. This year was also the first time that the LEGO hobby was represented at the (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Marble Sorting - marble size

Yep. I have actually gotten an early start on the next competition. Question - can anyone tell me what the exact size (mm) is of the marbles that will be used in the Marble Sorting competition at RTL 15? Thx, Dave (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto November Dinner

(...) I'm not asking people to keep them out and play with them all night. I'm asking people to bring them to compare, then discreetly put them away. It's not show and tell for C4 boards. (...) So do I. I'm just asking people come with their boards (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: BOARD ROLL CALL - C$

(...) Yes, at day dreaming phase. (...) No, waiting for the standardizing decision. (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto November Dinner

(...) an (...) be (...) (I'm (...) I know. But I'm just surprised to see you okay and encouraging bringing huge things to a restaurant. :shrug: I like the shoebox rule. (...) Michael's (...) Does anyone have either an IGES or STEP file of the (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto November Dinner

(...) Ask Chris, he's perfectly okay with that sort of situation. In fact, he'd be perfectly happy with everyone bring some giant block stacking creation (I'm looking at you, Matthias! :) too. All we need to do is quickly take it out and compare (...) (21 years ago, 11-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto November Dinner

(...) Oh, awesome. 15 grown men with Connect 4 boards all over the table at an overcrowded Swiss Chalet. I'll get right on that. Iain (21 years ago, 11-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto November Dinner

(...) there and decide which one most people have and which one will be standardized on. Calum (21 years ago, 11-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: BOARD ROLL CALL - C$

Source Where Purchased: Zellers Select When It Was Purchased: Sometime in October Frame colour: Blue Board colour: Yellow Chip Colours: Black + Red Chip bumpy/smooth: Bumpy Chip Eagles/MB symbol: Eagles + Stars Dimensions as per that diagram: Too (...) (21 years ago, 11-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: BOARD ROLL CALL - C$

(...) Yes (...) Yes (...) TRU, the day of the dinner. btw-- just in case someone's sitting on this site and hoping no one else will see it, thought I'd post a link: (URL) I've already fixed my program to recognize/defeat a bot using this code. Mike (21 years ago, 11-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Sanding

After a few well-placed comments from those at the show, I finally got around to sanding my modules. Well, at least 5 of 'em. I'l get to the other 6 later. Now those 5 attach quite smoothly, with nary a height difference between them. They are also (...) (21 years ago, 11-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto November Dinner

(...) Additional parking may be found in the surrounding streets, and in these lots. (URL) (21 years ago, 11-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Rockin on MTV

(...) Wow! Good deal is right. Thanx for the heads up on this. They are going quick, too, only 21 left... Lawrence (21 years ago, 11-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [rtlToronto] rtlToronto November Dinner

November 14, 2003 7PM Swiss Chalet Royal York 2955 Bloor St. West Toronto, Ontario (Royal York at Bloor) By TTC: Take subway to Royal York Station. Walk south on Royal York to Bloor, and left on Bloor going east. The Swiss Chalet is on the south (...) (21 years ago, 11-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: BOARD ROLL CALL - C$

(...) Yes. Time and motivation permitting. (...) Yes. (...) Walmart. About a month ago. It has blue legs, a yellow board, and smooth black and red chips. (...) Yes. (...) Yeah. Are you entering a robot? Boy would it be sad to have "Mr. entered every (...) (21 years ago, 11-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Near Final Release, rtlToronto15 info

(...) see, now THIS is what I wanted to do all along. a JUST software C$ game. one brick starts, and IR's the move to the second RCX, then it beams a move back to the first. !! O M G.!!! DEATH.... that would be so cool. no really. it would. -- Chris (...) (21 years ago, 11-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Near Final Release, rtlToronto15 info

(...) "Each robot will have a tally of games won and lost. Each match will be ranked. For example: A robot which starts second and wins gets more points than one which starts first." This makes sense as the player who moves first has an advantage. I (...) (21 years ago, 11-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: BOARD ROLL CALL - C$

(...) OK, listen up trouble maker. yes the TRU OS will fit into a 35 x 22 frame, BUT then the board is too loose. if you SLIGHTLY bend in the legs to fit a 34 x 22 then the fit is snug, and darn near unmovable. Chris I discovered that if you put (...) (21 years ago, 11-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Toronto Hobby Show Presentation Page 1

(URL) I hate when i forget to add a link.... -- Chris "It is a very clever strategy IMHO, and I applaud Chris for thinking of it." K.C. (21 years ago, 11-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Toronto Hobby Show Presentation Page 1

(...) so THIS is what the ride looks like before I got there...... hummm...mmm :) (21 years ago, 11-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Some inspiration for your robot building

(...) I got really sad when moved one of the sliders and the poor little guy instantly collapsed into a pile of goo. :( Iain (21 years ago, 11-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Toronto Hobby Show Presentation Page 1

All pages present and accounted for (URL) pics from the Hobby show in Toronto--Space, Castle, and Trains (and others) represented. Thanks Allan for geting this together! Dave K (21 years ago, 10-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: BOARD ROLL CALL - C$

(...) Yes (...) Yes (...) at Toys'R'Overpriced, that time when a whole bunch of us got one. It's the one with Blue legs, Yellow board, and Red and Black interlocking chips with the eagle logo It fits nicely into these dimensions: (URL) Organ (...) (21 years ago, 10-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Some inspiration for your robot building

I stumbled across this site while surfing for pro audio gear: (URL) would be neat to Legoify some of those virtual creations. Mario (21 years ago, 10-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Rockin on MTV

(...) Ah..... now I see the colon at the end of your first sentence. I thought the body of the posting was just you paraphrasing, but I guess it was a cut and paste job. Ooops, sorry. :) It is a good deal. A (...) And for the record, you certainly (...) (21 years ago, 10-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Goose Shaped Boat

(URL) suspect this is the goose shaped boat referred to at Hobby Show. I'm really really really intrigued by this project. Calum (21 years ago, 10-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Rockin on MTV

(...) I don't remember anyone named Alan at the show. As an aside I'd like to give a big thank you to Allan for organizing the hobby show. I had a good time and it was great to meet new people and see all their amazing creations. Derek (21 years ago, 10-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Rockin on MTV

(...) If you read the message, it says this note came into my inbox this morning. A fellow named "Alan" wrote it to me, Alan being probably someone we met at the show. He also asked if I would give him a T-shirt for free for said information, which (...) (21 years ago, 10-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Hobby Show Pics on Brickshelf...

with Allan posting preliminary pictures, and Dave posting page 1 on his Sparky's Space, I thought I'd post mine. I was, unfortunately, only able to make it to Friday's event. Here is the folders pending approval: (URL) for the great show. It was (...) (21 years ago, 10-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Toronto Hobby Show Presentation Page 1

(...) Dave, thanks for posting the pics so quickly! I like the background pic behind the page as well. It's nice to see you could work your other friends into the fun. :) You are right, it was nice to be able to talk LEGO for an entire weekend. What (...) (21 years ago, 10-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Rockin on MTV

(...) ^^^^^^^^ Did you mean to indicate that someone named Alan could take advantage of this offer? Or did you make some really wacky typo as you were signing your name to the posting? ;) Allan (21 years ago, 10-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Rockin on MTV

This note came into my mailbox this morning: Checkout www.hbc.com and do a site search for mindstorms current price is 149.99 Only 56 left at this price. Order it online and they hsould ship it for free to any Zellers, Bay or Homeoutfitters for (...) (21 years ago, 10-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: BOARD ROLL CALL - C$

(...) DaveE's closet. (...) ~25 years ago? (...) Blue (...) Yellow (...) Black/Red (...) Bumpy (...) Eagles (...) (21 years ago, 10-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: BOARD ROLL CALL - C$

(...) Yes! (...) Yes! (...) It's DaveE's board, probably from the 80s or so. (21 years ago, 10-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: BOARD ROLL CALL - C$

(...) If you have a Connect Four board, please report back the following: Source Where Purchased: (Walmart, TRU, From Your Closet, etc) When It Was Purchased: (Last week, last month, six years ago) Frame colour: Board colour Chip Colours: Chip (...) (21 years ago, 10-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  BOARD ROLL CALL - C$

OK, this is serious. without going into all the BS i went trough I need to do a C$ board roll call. 1. do you plan on entering a C$ robot? 2. do you NOW own a board? 3. where did you buy it and when? these are some of the "issues" as far as I know (...) (21 years ago, 10-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Toronto Hobby Show Presentation Page 1

(URL) past weekend we were at the Toronto Hobby Show which took place at the International center in Toronto, Ontario. I took a variety pf pictures of the MOCs and sets that people brought in. A great time was had by all--visitors enjoyed the (...) (21 years ago, 10-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Need a touch sensor for the Hobby Show

(...) Thanks. And never mind about the baseplate. I went and bought one. Question: Is there a brickOS-ready computer there, or should I bring mine? Unfortunately I don't have a laptop capable of running Cygwin, but there's no way it'll go all day (...) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Need a touch sensor for the Hobby Show

(...) I'll try and remember to bring one to the hobby show on Saturday. Calum (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Need a touch sensor for the Hobby Show

I realised just today that I should probably get a touch sensor for the hobby show. Also, I should probably stick my bot on a baseplate. I don't know who all is there right now, but if someone could loan me a base plate and touch just for saturday (...) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  train6 Considerations

While everyone's away at Hobby Show today, let me post a couple of observations we might want to look at for train6 Spring 2004 layouts: Table alignment. It appears to me all (mine, Dave, JeffVW's) modules are out of alignment in some way. Would it (...) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Near Final Release, rtlToronto15 info

(...) Well, if a CL can't flip active/passive (which I'm positive it can't, since it's separate ports for active and passive sensors), we could simply wire a motor port to a passive sensor on the control lab and make that the interface for one bot. (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Near Final Release, rtlToronto15 info

(...) This is still adding up the voltages of three sensor ports. Not necessarily a good thing. Derek (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Near Final Release, rtlToronto15 info

(...) Unfortunately we don't yet know if a Control Lab can do this, but I will be looking into it. Derek (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: board size's

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno wrote: <snip> (...) You could forego the 'Project IV' and go with the marble sorting if yo're so inclined... Dave K -who has to start talking trash about the connect 4 to get peeps on the marble sorting side (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Near Final Release, rtlToronto15 info

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno wrote: <snip> (...) Calum has lotsa tea at his house? I'm a pretty big tea fan myself, having a variety of differnt types and flavours.. Nothing like a cuppa 'sleepytyme' before you hit the hay. Mmmmmmmmm, (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  board size's

I do not have a connect four game board. (yet) I need a volunteer who has a Walmart game board, ~AND~ someone else who has the toys-r-us game board to actually try to fit it in the 32x20 stud size that calum has posted. (URL) has been brought to my (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Near Final Release, rtlToronto15 info

(...) OMG I forgot about Ralph..... yes, he never stops going on and on about that archaic dated old language he continues to flog. what next, will he write a book about it, and get it published by syngeress? geesh. see Dave, RTL. nothing but a (...) (21 years ago, 6-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  RE: Near Final Release, rtlToronto15 info

Ralph <-- Why isn't everyone using pbForth whiner (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Near Final Release, rtlToronto15 info

(...) oh, its "so." Dave, I'm gonna let you in a little secret. RTL is nothing BUT a bunch of winers. if I were to list all the whiners, it would read like a who's who of RTL. Chris M. <-- he's the worst Calum.. <-- little asian whiner Dave. K < -- (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Virtual Rolling Stock/Engines

I've been slowly converting my actual train creations into virtual creations. See pics here: (URL) not much, but it's alotta fun making these cars and engines again in the virtual world :) I realized when updating my rolling stock page that some of (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Near Final Release, rtlToronto15 info

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno wrote: <snip> (...) Whining in this group??? Say it ain't so! ;) Dave K (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Near Final Release, rtlToronto15 info

Calum, thank you for updating the rules page. as it stands I'm very happy with how they ended up. can we slightly modify the rules to add something like - we reserve the right to change time's based on when more people build robots..... (...) as (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Near Final Release, rtlToronto15 info

(...) At least for the hobby show demonstration, my bot will be making moves in realtime or close to to it. (ie, 2-3 seconds per move) The scanning and droppingtakes ~20 seconds, so I'd be happy to see the time limit dramatically reduced. (...) Only (...) (21 years ago, 5-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Football Player

(...) I guess I'm more out of it then... Too bad I can't see this since I forget the stoopid password. I've been told my cheque is in the mail. Rob (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Football Player

I've been really out of it lately, has it already been announced that Rob's Football Player is on the lego site? (URL) do like John's minifig head better. :-) Derek (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Near Final Release, rtlToronto15 info

(...) -My understanding was there would be some common space to the sides of the board. -1 minute to make a move is a very long time, I think the time limit should be drop to at least around 45 seconds. This gives 15 minutes a side with an overall (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: OT: Anyone know how the Phaeton W12 engine works?

(...) IT (...) Sure... but like, if you start going up a steep hill, you downshift to a lower gear. It becomes intuative, like riding a bike. If you're accelerating up a hill from a standstill you leave it in each gear longer. Sometimes I skip gears (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Near Final Release, rtlToronto15 info

Guys, please check this out and let me know any concerns. (URL) want to take up the challenge of the arbitrator? Calum (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: OT: Anyone know how the Phaeton W12 engine works?

(...) Doesn't that require constant road conditions, traction, incline etc? (...) I got to play the receptionist during Pina Colada day at Vivid Group* when I used to work there. Calum * - Toronto multimedia company I worked for when I was in high (...) (21 years ago, 4-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: OT: Anyone know how the Phaeton W12 engine works?

(...) Of course! But the idea of the label was so I'd know I was driving most efficiently in each gear when I was driving at speed X. Or something. IT WAS LIKE 4 YEARS AGO AND I WAS TRYING TO BE COOL. Now I just put pseudo-hybrid stickers on my fuel (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: OT: Anyone know how the Phaeton W12 engine works?

(...) That's a good idea... but you can also shift by noise :) My friend's first car was an older Ford Ranger pickup, with a manual, and no tach. When I first rode in it, I was wondering how he knew when to shift - I think his response was something (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: OT: Anyone know how the Phaeton W12 engine works?

(...) gee, I'm sorry, I thought this was rtl ~L E G O~ looks like I stumbled into off.topic.foo.CALUM....asian.cars silly me :) Chris (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: OT: Anyone know how the Phaeton W12 engine works?

(...) IIRC the 2004 Phaeton will ship with a 6 speed manual in some markets. The W8 Passat, which uses a derivative of the W12 (two less cylinders per side, or a dual VR4) already ships in a 6 speed manual. Both are very quiet cars. I asked someone (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: OT: Anyone know how the Phaeton W12 engine works?

(...) Amen. It took me a week to get used to how quiet the engine is in my car! One of my friends comented on that this weekend at a gas station. (...) Cocky. :) Iain (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: OT: Anyone know how the Phaeton W12 engine works?

(...) Frigin' Accord drivers, eh? Iain (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: OT: Anyone know how the Phaeton W12 engine works?

(...) I made a little label on my computer for my old car when I was learning how to drive. I calculated out the r/min based on the gear ratios for my car's transmission as to when would be the best speed to shift into what gear at. Iain (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: OT: Anyone know how the Phaeton W12 engine works?

(...) The review I saw said that the W12 would only be available as an automatic. Iain (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: OT: Anyone know how the Phaeton W12 engine works?

it could be me, but I find this image bordering on the risqué. (URL) children should NOT click this link - 1) Chris 1 - unless your parents are not in the room, then go right ahead.... click away Trevyn, and Calum. (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: OT: Anyone know how the Phaeton W12 engine works?

(...) Wow, they really do use Flubber. So did they do this for a functional reason or just to make an engine that looks like their Logo? I want to work at a company that has the money to throw at screwy things like this. But John, I'll give you (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: OT: Anyone know how the Phaeton W12 engine works?

(...) Actually, that's a good point. A lot of cars nowadays are so quiet at idle, that you really need to check the tach to make sure that the engine IS running. And not accidentally try to start a running engine - the sound of grinding gears is (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact