 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9773
Re: OT: Anyone know how the Phaeton W12 engine works?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 12:25:17 GMT

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote:

Of course!  But the idea of the label was so I'd know I was driving most
efficiently in each gear when I was driving at speed X.  Or something.
IT

Doesn't that require constant road conditions, traction, incline etc?

Sure...  but like, if you start going up a steep hill, you downshift to a
lower gear.  It becomes intuative, like riding a bike.  If you're
accelerating up a hill from a standstill you leave it in each gear longer.
Sometimes I skip gears if I accelerate agressivley in town (ie, 1 to about
25 km/h, 2 to 60 km/h, then into 4th to coast along at 60 km/h).  I can't
stress how cool Maria is.  I really wish I had taken a picture of us in her
ECHO.

I got to play the receptionist during Pina Colada day at Vivid Group* when • I
used to work there.

Of the 2 calls I got last night I screwed them both up (forwarded to wrong
extension, accidentally hung up).  Great.  Thankfully one of them was a
customer of mine so I recognised her voice and she laughed at what I had to
do.

    Iain