 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9774
Re: Near Final Release, rtlToronto15 info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 16:10:26 GMT

Calum Tsang wrote:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-013104/lego-013104-rules.html

-Is the ring of technic beams part of the common area or the players area?

-My understanding was there would be some common space to the sides of
the board.

-1 minute to make a move is a very long time, I think the time limit
should be drop to at least around 45 seconds.  This gives 15 minutes a
side with an overall length of 30 minutes.  The idea of the clock is to
put time pressure on the game.  20 minutes is way to leisurely.  I'd be
happy with an even sorter time limit then 15 minutes.

-The coin toss makes the outcome too random.  Players should have to
play each other twice.  Shortening the time limit would help with this.

-I'm not entirely comfortable with the sensor outputs being tided
directly together.  In this situation you will have two rcxs powering
the line plus the Arbitrator.  Thats a lot of power being added
together.  I will definitely have no part of having motor outputs
attached to the sensor lines.

There is a Jeff E guaranteed win scenario if the sensor lines are tied
together.

However it makes the arbitrator more difficult to build if you don't tie
them together.  I need to research the effect of doing this.

Anyone want to take up the challenge of the arbitrator?

Maybe we can play with this at the hobby show.  I'll bring my Labtop if
you bring yours. :-)

Derek