 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9787
Re: Near Final Release, rtlToronto15 info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 18:19:48 GMT

With one wire for both ways communication, couldn't we have the wire from A and
the wire from B connect to different ports on the Arbitrator? This way the
Arbitrator can work something like the following:

while (true)
{
  ds_active(&SENSOR1);
  ds_passive(&SENSOR2);

  while(!TOUCH2); // wait for bot2 to finish
  delay(100);

  ds_active(&SENSOR2);
  ds_passive(&SENSOR1);

  while(!TOUCH1); // wait for bot1 to finish
  delay(100);
}

This prevents the 'double click' problem where the Arbitrator loses track of
whose turn it is, and also isolates the two bots from each other. Additional
code could be added to set both sensors back to passive after a short 'press'.

Unfortunately we don't yet know if a Control Lab can do this, but I will
be looking into it.

Derek