 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9789
Re: Near Final Release, rtlToronto15 info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 19:12:37 GMT

Unfortunately we don't yet know if a Control Lab can do this, but I will
be looking into it.

Well, if a CL can't flip active/passive (which I'm positive it can't, since it's
separate ports for active and passive sensors), we could simply wire a motor
port to a passive sensor on the control lab and make that the interface for one
bot. Then the sensor can receive the signal, and the float/brake motor can send
it.

We just need to have a rule like "if your RCX blows out the Arbitrator, you pay
for it", because CLs don't have the guards and protections that RCXs do.

Chris: As long as the player interface remains as it appears in the current
Rules, it doesn't matter how the actual implementation is -- direct wire with a
tap or broken wire is the same to the players.

Mike
See you all at the hobby show!