 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9796
Re: BOARD ROLL CALL - C$
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 17:48:11 GMT

OK, this is serious.

without going into all the BS i went trough I need to do a C$ board roll
call.

1. do you plan on entering a C$ robot?
2. do you NOW own a board?
3. where did you buy it and when?

these are some of the "issues"

as far as I know there are now 3 types of connect four game boards.

1.  Toys-r-us OLD style.  (blue legs, yellow board INTERLOCK chips)

(this is no longer stocked at TRU, but was the style that we bought when
we all bought one that day)

2.  Walmart Old Style. (blue legs, yellow board, SMOOTH chips, )

3. Toys-R-us NEW style (blue legs, blue board, yellow, red chip)

If you have a Connect Four board, please report back the following:

Source Where Purchased: (Walmart, TRU, From Your Closet, etc)
When It Was Purchased: (Last week, last month, six years ago)

Frame colour:
Board colour
Chip Colours:
Chip bumpy/smooth:
Chip Eagles/MB symbol:

Dimensions as per this diagram:
http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/nglcl/connectfourdims.jpg

We need this info ASAP to standardize a board.

Calum

PS-Michael Purvis had a robot running at Hobby Show.  Being the first of
it's kind, it is nothing short of amazing.  Michael is now the leader of the
pack.