 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9832
9831  |  9833
Subject:
Train6L, more revisions than the Zorro III arbitration and the A3000 Buster Chip.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 06:30:36 GMT

JeffVW house meeting layout studies:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/nglcl/train6l.jpg

This one is based on the train6k Dave sent out.  If we try the Derek method of
using curves to get into the station, we might be able to get a terminus station
in the top corner there.

Also, I drew in yellow a possible mountain range, which would support jeremy's
interest in hillside vineyards.

I think at this point we have two options:

-More traditional round the loop train layout.  Easy to build for, assemble,
install, strike and transport.  Analogy to NMRA:  This is like those guys who
did the giantlayout.net or whatever layout.

-Something altogether different-ie, highly landscaped, highly thematic (like
Derek's Japanese city concept), something totally non-American.  The layout
could be like 85% JeffVW dam like in terrain, and not even have "set pieces"
like a large train station but instead just non stop detail.  Things like
signage, colour schemes, era/architecture/style have to be all set and adhered
to, as like a proper train layout.  Think of the guy and his British On3 layout
with the lush furrow in the countryside with trees around it.  Like him.

My personal want is to do something of the latter--something like
Altenburg/train4 from JeffE/Derek blew me away in its tight feature detail.  But
I have little say as I can't continue to bring more than a couple of modules to
an event.

Calum