 Off-Topic / Debate / 26231
Re: Is lgbt dead in the water? & Is religion dead in the water?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 01:59:07 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Orion Pobursky wrote:
Neil Gaiman (b. 1960) has done some great grphic novel work.

He's also written/co-written a couple of novels.  The only one I've read to date
was Neverwhere (also a TV miniseries in the UK), but.

Kevin J. Anderson (b. 1962) has done excellent work with Brian Herbert on the
Dune series

He also drove a lot of adults away from reading the Star Wars novels, largely as
a result of the two projects he penned involving two _more_ variations on the
Death Star, and he probably didn't get a huge amount of respect over the fact
that nearly everything else he wrote for SW was part of the Young Jedi Knights
or Junior Jedi Knights subseries.

It's also been acknowledged that the neo-Dune novels have all been largely based
on Frank Herbert's extensive notes regarding the long history leading into Dune,
and on where he was planning to take the series with Book 7, so I'm not sure
that really qualifies him as a good sci-fi author.