 Off-Topic / Debate / 26225
Re: ( (Good SF authors) != (young SF authors) ) ??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 18:24:57 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

So my friend and I were talking the other day about Clarke, Asimov,
Chalker, Heinlen, etc...

Can anyone name a really good science-fiction author that was born,
say, after 1960?

Hmm, I'll have to check this out sometime. I just checked out my favorite SF
author, CJ Cherryh, and I didn't find a birth date, but she received some
kind of honors in 1960 and a degree in 1964 so clearly she was born before
1960. Another favorite is Hal Clement, who flew bombers in WW II.
Unfortunatley, right now all my F&SF books are packed up.

Frank
(who will soon be announcing just why all his F&SF books are packed up).