 Off-Topic / Debate / 26179
Re: Is lgbt dead in the water?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 19:11:50 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

   Too often an imprecisely-disclaimed statement is bludgeoned out of context, or an unintended ambiguity is taken as a explicit forfeiture of the argument.

Shouldn’t that be “declaimed”, and not “disclaimed”?

I guess my posts could sometimes be declammed when I’ve cited too many shellfish.

Dave!

Clams got legs! Unfortunately, your disclaimed/declaimed/declammed non-sequitor doesn’t.

Looks like mollusc has run out.

Actually, when I first read your post, I saw “declaimed” as “declammed,” so the non-sequitur was borne of a misreading of your sequitur.

Dave!

I figured as much, which is why I juxtaposed the three of them together so the full irony would be apparent.

Of course, if ya gotta explain a joke....

-->Bruce<--