 Off-Topic / Debate / 26167
Re: Is lgbt dead in the water?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 01:29:19 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Laswell wrote:
   Since noone has been able to successfully prove, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that one particular religion/denomination is the One True Religion (and that includes Atheism),

Many people view atheism as a belief system rather than a religion. Your points still stand, nonetheless, but I did want to point it out.

I’ll go farther, and state that I feel that people who consistently call atheism a religion are, in my view, exhibiting a false understanding of the nature of religion. I suspect (without proof) that you were shortcutting rather than that you actually hold that belief.