 Off-Topic / Debate / 26214
Re: ( (Good SF authors) != (young SF authors) ) ??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 17:20:58 GMT

(snip)

So, further, while I was chasing that question, I thought of another favorite of
mine, one who hasn't gotten too much press because he hasn't written a lot, so I
thought maybe he's young enough to qualify...  Steven Gould. He wrote
_Wildside_(1) and _Jumper_ and _Blind Waves_ and a few other good ones. It was a
false trail as he was born in 1955, but while researching him, I found this site
: http://www.digitalnoir.com/s/write.htm

(he's hard to find because a lot of the searches on Google bring up Steven JAY
Gould)

Anyway, and apropos of nothing... go there, and then click on the banner at the
top to go to the site home ((to http://www.digitalnoir.com/index.htm) Why there?
Every site should have an index page, or we are taught...)

It's the most amusing 404 I've seen in a while. YMMV.

1 - a canonical juvie(2) if there ever was one, RAH would have been proud. Plus
it's obvious that Gould knows his GA, I'd love to fly a Maul sometime.

2 - speaking of juvies, I talked Nik into choosing _Door into Summer_ as his
book report book for this semester. Yippee!