 Off-Topic / Debate / 25614
25613  |  25615
Subject:
Is Bush an idiot? (was: Help me with the math)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:24:48 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

   How is Bush brilliant?

What if his goals are completely opaque to us?

What if severing the restrictive ties of international prestige is a goal for the new world order crowd? What if handing an unquenchable mess to a Democrat so that four years later the next step in the plan can be implemented is a goal? What if providing himself and his economic allies with favorable legislation and economic opportunities is a goal? You think Halliburton is hurting from all this? What if establishing a semi-permanent American military force in the middle east was the goal? John just said we should do in Iraq what we did in Germany. What if the giant Iraqi army was a destablizing factor with regard to the ability of American corporations to extract wealth from the entire region?

I’m certainly not in the Bush is brilliant camp, but I think he has smart people around him and they’re not all making constant mistakes. I can only assume that they have goals that are different from those that have been proclaimed. Again.

Chris