 Off-Topic / Debate / 25574
Re: Help me with the math
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 23:48:39 GMT

   Now that George W. Bush has killed his 1,000th US citizen in Iraq, does that make him approximately 33% as bad as Osama bin Laden, who killed about 3,000 people in the WTC?

So, by your “logic”, was FDR 135 times worse than OBL? Or were you merely trolling? :-)

Did FDR initiate an unprovoked attack upon a sovereign nation?

Did the Nazis ever attack US soil?

I think they lobbed a few petulant shells from U-Boats at us, but it is immaterial whether they actually attacked U.S. soil: they declared war on us a few days after the Pearl Harbor attack.

   GWB’s choice to invade and bomb a sovereign nation that hadn’t attacked the US or its allies more closely resembles OBL’s choice to bomb the WTC than it resembles FDR’s decision to enter WWII.

How outrageous! Bush’s intervention in Iraq was all about deposing SH’s cruel and dangerous regime-- nothing more!

You keep piping up with tha line. Bush’s invasion was about stopping Saddam from immenent use of “WoMD” - nothing more. It was not about deposing Saddam because he was cruel - that’s a retroactive argument used because the real argument for war turned out to be a load of hooey.

Why are we still meeting
   resistance in Iraq? All we want to do is help the Iraqis set up a government that insures freedom for her people and leave! What is wrong with that????

One, that may not be all Bush and Cheney are attempting to do. Two, Bush is on shakey ground with his “free the Iraqi people” tack: it means that he has removed his own moral mandate to stay there beyond a bare minimum of time. The Iraqi people get to decide their own fate, and that may well be an Islamic fundamentalist government. If the Iraqis want us out, what is wrong with that? These are all scenarios that the Bush adminstration should have considered more closely, and it is pretty darn clear they didn’t.

   We attacked to remove SH’s regime-- that regime is history! So why is there still fighting? Because of Islamic Fascists who don’t want Freedom! They want pukes like SH in power around the world who are sympathetic to their cause who will assist them in their fight against the West.

Saddam stepped on them in Iraq - he didn’t want rival power structures, and that’s exactly what the fundamentalists were. Removing Saddam removed their natural predator.

Bush is brilliant for taking this fight to Islamo-Fascists now before the stakes got too high. Why must we wait for a nuclear bomb to be denotated on our soil before everyone gets the message??? The only way to stop these wackjobs is for all nations to unite to purge them from their respective soils. Some need assistance to do so, but it is imperative that these scumbags find no place to hide and organize! Then we can go about the business of hunting them down one by one and exterminating them like the vermin they are.

Brilliant for sitting on his hands while the terrorists blew up the World Trade Center? He didn’t have an ounce of forethought on that, just like he didn’t have an ounce of forethought about how to handle Iraq once Saddam was booted. Brilliant for not hunting down the one scumbag he had a world mandate to hunt down? Bush is an idiot. He is reactive and not proactive. Are we going to get world help after crying “wolf!” over non-existent WoMD? No.

Brilliant? Hardly - he’s an idiot.

-->Bruce<--