 Off-Topic / Debate / 25568
Re: Help me with the math
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 16:46:53 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Christopher L. Weeks wrote:

   As an aside, it just occurred to me that it would be wise for him to push for expedited criminal trials of Enron management and others in similar boats to get their trial done before he’s out of office so that he can promptly pardon them -- lining his nest. There would certainly be public outcry, but what could anyone do?

Hmmm, I wonder from where that idea could have come? At the end of his term, Clinton was pardoning crooks so fast it was unbelievable! Besides, you don’t have to be convicted to be pardoned. Let’s wait and see if Bush actually pardons anyone (in ‘08:-)

JOHN