 Off-Topic / Debate / 25590
Re: Help me with the math
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 16:51:32 GMT

   What? You think you’ve trapped me with your idiotic scenario??? LOL

I don’t think it’s possible to trap you. I’m not even sure I know what you mean.

   the existence of Islam will continue to spawn out groups hostile to our security.

It’s already true.

Seriously?

   I am asking how high the death toll can go before you think that maybe the solution is worse than the problem.

your little hypothetical is stupid.

I appreciate the compliment.

   I want to know if John believes that the elimination of Islam, if that were required, would be justified.

Okay, Chris, here’s your answer: UNEQUIVOCABLY NO, NEVER, NOT IN A MILLION YEARS, N-O SPELLS “NO”, NO

OK, now here’s what I don’t get. Before you said it was beneath you to answer. What gives?

   John, please don’t respond to this part...I fear dilution of the point.

Oops. Sorry.

Somehow I doubt it.

   Given my hypothetical, I absolutely think that the murder of millions and millions of innocents is worth our security.

Killing yes. Murder no.

Ah, so if I’d just changed the word murder to killing, you could get behind it. And this brings us to another thing I don’t get. I think you said yes and no to the same question in different places. Maybe I’m too “idotic” to figure out the wisdom of John. Or maybe it’s something else. But either way, I’m confused.

   If we hadn’t acted in Afganistan and in Iraq, do you think that OBL would have waited 3+ years to attack us again? I believe he hasn’t because he can’t, not for lack of wanting.

I agree with your “I believe” part, but I don’t see what it has to do with Iraq. Much of what we did in Afganistan seems to have been proper.

   Our military is doing its job-- defending you and me and our way of life.

Funny, I don’t feel any more safe.

I thought they were projecting our economic might into a region that expressly doesn’t want our influence and had the wherewithal to resist our temptations. That is something we simply cannot abide.

Chris