 Off-Topic / Debate / 25566
Re: Help me with the math
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 16:10:15 GMT

   They knew in advance that these fanatics and insurgents would be emboldened?

Actually, I didn’t mean at that level of detail. I don’t think Bush particularly cares at the trouble. (I mean, I’m sure he’d rather that headache would go away, but that’s life.) He was willing to start the war with the associated risks because it’s part of his clan’s new world order scheme while providing him with a golden parachute. Even if he fails to hit the multi-million dollar lecture tour, I suspect he’ll be taken care of by those he has enriched.

As an aside, it just occurred to me that it would be wise for him to push for expedited criminal trials of Enron management and others in similar boats to get their trial done before he’s out of office so that he can promptly pardon them -- lining his nest. There would certainly be public outcry, but what could anyone do? I guess such an act might hinder their longer-term objectives too much, but if he were more of a maverick...

Chris