 Off-Topic / Debate / 18831
Re: namecalling
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 11:15:47 GMT

And I
wish to note that I have great respect for the way Frank expresses his
opinions (we could all learn a lesson by emulating him).

I agree with this comment 99%. Part of the 1% is the post I refereed to where
he called Duq a "another America hater". I think these sort of comments are
very weak. I don't agree with 100% of Duq's post, but he does make a lot of
very valid points. I have heard Americans make the very same points… there was
quite a few of then in DC a few days ago. Duq's post boils down to a strong
argument in defence of freedom and justice. But if Frank thinks that's
anti-American, that is up to him. I'll continue to respect other Americans for
their strong belief in freedom and justice... beliefs that are often expressed
in this forum.

He can call me "another America hater" if he likes too, it won’t stop me
respecting his countrymen, enjoying US  writers, enduring US movies, working
with US engineers and even trading with US AFOLS. Perhaps that makes me a
hypocritical America hater ;)

Scott A