 Off-Topic / Debate / 18857
Re: Leaks (was Re: Here's one of the many things I don't understand...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 13:58:16 GMT

I snipped a BUSHEL of irrelevant misdirection. This is a question about
1441, not the US second amendment or anything else

Again, agreed--Iraq is no angel at all, and I have no doubt about the trucks
carrying stuff to make biological/chemical weapons that Powell laid out in
his presentation.  I have no doubt about the plants that were cleared out
before the inspectors got there, and I have no difficulty with the idea that
we may need force to get these WoMD out of the country

OK, then, David. Stripped of all the other non topical stuff in your post,
you concede that Iraq is in material breach of 1441 and the other relevant
UN resolutions. 1441 says that *when* Iraq is in material breach, there are
to be serious consequences.

Serious consequences...  OK, what are they? Now that it's been established
that Iraq is in breach, what is to be done about it?

Answer specifically. Leave out any rhetoric about who delivered the message
that they're in breach or what putative motives there might be for wanting
whatever to happen and specifically address what serious consequences Iraq
should now face.

And if your answer is "more inspections" you fail. The inspection phase is
OVER. It did its job. It found evidence of material breach. Now what?