 Off-Topic / Debate / 18861
Re: Leaks (was Re: Here's one of the many things I don't understand...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 13:31:25 GMT

The inspections are a sham and a waste of time and are not going to
accomplish anything other than dragging this out interminably if allowed to
proceed.

The last round of inspections were not without their "problems". Despite that,
the achievements are still remarkable. Some highlights:

1. Removal of significant amounts of weapons usable nuclear material.
2. Accounted for 817 of 819 missiles of the proscribed range that Iraq was
*known* to hold.
3. Destruction of 75 SCUD chemical warheads
4. 88000 chemical munitions were made safe

This is a tiny part of what they were able to do. Now UNMOVIC are back in Iraq,
but this time they have a stronger mandate. Ignore your “liberal” media. Give
UNMOVIC time, and they'll prove their worth again. SH is not about to launch an
attack on anyone – time is on our side.

Scott A