 Off-Topic / Debate / 18792
Re: Here's one of the many things I don't understand...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 18:41:28 GMT

And Dubya says that his 'intelligence agencies' have 'proof' that Saddam has
these things that the inspectors are looking for.

So-- I haven't been following overly closely-- what's the most the media
knows about this 'proof'? As for the question at hand, I can only assume
that Junior's intelligence knows the type of weapon but not the location. OR
perhaps he knows where it WAS, but not where it is now. And probably has
intelligence that disagrees with their documentation.

Anyway, has it been clear what sort of 'proof' we have? Might'nt other
countries be more on our side if they knew? Or, if they DO know, why are we
the only ones who are so eager to go fightin'? (Rhetorical). I'd think other
countries who knew our 'proof' and STILL weren't too worried about it would
be encouraging the US to stop bothering already.

Ah well, let's hope we beat up Saddam before the next election! Good thing
there's a 2-term limit... We'd have to find someone else to pick on
otherwise to get that 3rd term in!

DaveE