 Off-Topic / Debate / 18809
Re: namecalling
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 19:16:08 GMT

Great. Glad to hear it. I'm not the only person who thinks you lot (and a
number of other ingrates out there in the rest of the world too, for that
matter) should be left to fend for yourselves ...

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=ingrate gives "an ungrateful
person", or "a person who shows no gratitude"... none of the meanings it
lists have any negative connotation beyond that.

Ya, that's namecalling all right. (1) But of course, words like "airhead",
"poodle", "lapdog", "cowboy" et. al. are not.

1 - sarcasm alert

++Lar

Well spotted on the hypocrisy - he's just grinding his usual axe.  And I
wish to note that I have great respect for the way Frank expresses his
opinions (we could all learn a lesson by emulating him).  But, ummmmm,
errrrr,  I'd agree with most of the actual name-calling you note above.  :-O

Airhead and Blairhead (TM).  I gotta learn the way to get the actual symbol
to come up.

-->Bruce<--