 Off-Topic / Debate / 18869
Re: Leaks (was Re: Here's one of the many things I don't understand...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 18:19:56 GMT

And the message from John--once again the arrogant 'US above all' comes thru
loud and clear.

Of course we look out for our own interests-- anyone who claims they don't look
out for theirs as well is a liar.

I prefer the term "role model"

What makes you think that an American life is worth more to
the world than, say, a person from Madagascar?

I don't recall making that assertion (because I didn't).

What gives you the right to
flaunt international law and convention as you see fit?

Because "international law" doesn't respect freedom and liberty as we do here
in the US.

Do you think the world should respect the "freedom and liberty" of terrorists
the way the US has treated Orlando Bosch:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,851879,00.html
==+==
According to the justice department in George Bush Sr's administration, Bosch
had participated in more than 30 terrorist acts. He was convicted of firing a
rocket into a Polish ship which was on passage to Cuba. He was also implicated
in the 1976 blowing-up of a Cubana plane flying to Havana from Venezuela in
which all 73 civilians on board were killed.
==+==

Your president respected Orlando's "freedom and liberty" so much he gave him a
"pardon".

Can you explain why?

Scott A