 Off-Topic / Debate / 18868
Re: Leaks (was Re: Here's one of the many things I don't understand...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 17:48:00 GMT

Be that as it may, you seem to be admitting Iraq is violating the settlement
but feel the US is wrong for attempting to enforce it?  Perhaps I need for
you to expand on this so I can understand your position better.

Let's face facts; the US has an appalling record when it comes to respecting UN
resolutions. [I see nothing that makes me think that's about to change.]
Because of that, and other issues, a lot of countries [and their populations
[even the US?]] just don't trust Bush on this. There is nothing wrong with the
US supporting the inspections – undermining them is another issue. Let the UN
reach a considered opinion with regard to Iraq. If that opinion is that SH
poses a threat and intervention is required - so be it. At that point, the UN
can give our troops some [metaphoric] blue caps and the UN's will can be
enforced within a legal framework.

Scott A