 Off-Topic / Debate / 15113
Re: End of Year Thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 00:37:51 GMT

"Robert M. Dye" wrote:

in article Gnw1yv.Kwx@lugnet.com, Hendo (John P. Henderson) at
hendo@valyance.com wrote on 12/5/01 2:52 PM:

In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford writes:
I'm just curious to know something...

This original posting has drawn over 50 responses (both pro and con) and yet
this message itself has only 1 spotlight vote for it.  Doesn't any one use
the Highlight/Spotlight system?  Doesn't a posting like this, which gets
people talking and debating issues deserve to be noticed on the front page
of LUGNET?

Any thoughts?

Allen, as I kicked off the initial message that started this thread, I was
wondering about that myself.  But I would feel cheesy if I highlighted my
own message... Thanks for the thought though!    :)

-Hendo

No.  It's off topic for LUGNET, and so does not belong on the front page.  I
refer people with kids to LUGNET all the time, and tell them how great it is
compared to LEGO's official site.

I can't see to many parents w/ 10 year old boys thinking how great LUGNET is
if the see a debate of homosexuality on the front page.

Umm, did you pay attention to the subject line and the original
message... This isn't the thread you're thinking of...

Frank