 General / 34189
Re: End of Year Thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 05:07:21 GMT

In lugnet.general, Aaron Gershon writes:
[snip]Jack Stone is a joke [snip].
Indeed it is - to most of us, but I know several 3-4 year olds who love it
(although possibly not more than any other police truck/fire truck toy, with
a poseably action figure and some pull it apart and put it together
functionality) and they can browse the catalog that comes with it and drool
over the sets for other ages... and ask for a LEGO trainset for Christmas
and so on.

And you neglected to mention Creator, which so often gets lumped in with
Jack Stone because it uses the same style fig. The Creator sets are a great
combination of traditional bricks, with some detail bits, poseable 'average
people' figures, and ideas books. A great leap forward from town jr, and a
modernisation of late 70's "basic" sets.

I think Lego is creating too many new colors too quickly.
I agree, but then I don't even like the blue bricks :-)

I still don't get that 'wow' feeling when had my first look at
catalog from the 80's until the mid '90's.
Don't forget that you're a bit older now, and you may find that other
memories from the 80's and mid '90s seem a bit more exciting now as well ;-).

Cheers

Richie Dulin