 General / 34236
Re: End of Year Thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 10:15:00 GMT

"Allan Bedford" <apotomeREMOVE-THIS@altavista.net> skrev i meddelandet
news:GnLEz9.FG2@lugnet.com...
[...]
Allan Bedford, who still thinks Classic Space is perhaps the best 'series'
that LEGO ever released.  Strong theme, consistent colors and incredible
design.  Those aren't really complicated ideas are they?  Why could this
company pull off that series 20+ years ago, but today can't come up with a
single set that maintains those common sense principles?

Maybe because 20+ years ago, the Space Race was still Big News (OK, maybe
20+++ years ago), kids only had 2 TV channels to watch, no home computers, no
internet, no MP3, everything moved on in a slower tempo, the Lego patents were
still active so there wasn't any competition, and so on...

Life changes, people changes, companies changes, _everything_ changes, all the
time.

My kids think that Lego makes cool products, I myself think Lego makes _some_
cool products and a lot of rubbish...

We are getting older, that's life...
--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden