 General / 34203
Re: End of Year Thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 16:20:49 GMT

In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford writes:
In lugnet.general, Erik Olson writes:
What Richie said. Jack Stone is not aimed at us, it's aimed at the crowd
they made Town Jr. for.

Now if they would give us back our Town Sr...

Or....

LEGO could just aim higher.

Kids today are smarter than we were 25 years ago.  We used to play with
steel tipped lawn darts!  :)

Raise the bar and kids will meet it.  It's not a terribly complicated
concept.  There's no need for Town Jr.  or Town Sr.  Only a well-designed
Town that appeals to kids and their parents.  They've done it before, it's
not like this is asking for something entirely new.

I heartedly agree.  Jack Stone and Creator lines were for younger generation.
If I were them, I would have lumped both of them together, and only had
one line, and subthemes for both of them....maybe that was there
primary goals when they created them???

I look at the stuff Lego is putting out, verses the stuff that Lego
Enthusiasts are designing in their collections, and wonder who is designing
stuff for them now, and why the downhill approach to products.
Hmmm.....

Benjamin Medinets