 General / 34199
Re: End of Year Thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 14:59:44 GMT

"Arne Lykke Nielsen" <arln@wanadoo.dk> wrote in message news:GnJyEn.K8@lugnet.com...
In the Danish TV News this week they said, that TLC's financial performance
for 2001 was saved by the tremendous succes of the Harry Potter sets.

It would be interesting to know to what extent they were 'saved by Harry Potter'.
For example, would they have made another loss without HP?
What lines were successful, which ones were not?
I would imagine that Bionical was successful too - much as I personally dislike it

The problem with being saved by HP is it might give them a smoke screen to hide behind in terms of  declaring
"everything's OK, we increased revenue, we made profit" type statements, wheras it was only the fortunate timing of
someone elses idea that saved their Danish bacon, and all the other mistakes they made are forgotten or swep under the
carpet.

lawrence