 General / 34218
Re: End of Year Thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 00:26:26 GMT

In lugnet.general, William R. Ward writes:
"Richie Dulin" <rdulin@mailandnews.com> writes:

In lugnet.general, John P. Henderson writes:
In lugnet.general, Todd Thuma writes:
A general response to all that has been said in this thread.
So LEGO Group has tried to bridge this gap with Town Jr. and Jack Stone.
But where does this bridge to??
To a myriad of other LEGO products.

Without some sort of Town or City sets designed for an older age
bracket (6-12), then they have simply designed a way to go nowhere.
No, they've designed a way to go somewhere other than town. LEGO doesn't
have to be town.

Or, you could be optimistic, and say that since the Town Jr. kids are
not old enough for more mature town sets, maybe LEGO is waiting a year
or two, and they they will introduce bigger town sets.

One could hope!! :)

But I think the main thing is that little boys (and let's face it,
LEGO's customer base is almost entirely boys - but that's another rant
for another day) might like to play with fire trucks and stuff like
that, but bigger boys are more interested in video game science
fiction types of things, like Star Wars or Bionicle.

--Bill.

I walked into the dismally looking toy store (Toys R US), and saw only
the "trashy" stuff (which I won't buy, not even on sale), the stuff I
already have, and the stuff which is too expensive (waiting it to on a
sharp discount)....

I heard a lot of people that went around the lego aisle looking to get
the Bionicle sets.  I guess this spoon-fed creativity is good for children
(boys???), and the bionicle sets, at least the "hero's" are good for the
pocket books.

Benjamin Medinets