 General / 34220
Re: End of Year Thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 00:54:27 GMT

In lugnet.general, Richie Dulin writes:

Richie Dulin (who, in 1979, thought that LEGO's introduction of Legoland
Space was a bad thing because it was of limited scope. But who's learned his
lesson.)

Heehee.  Interesting POV.  And perhaps I will be there one day too.

Although currently, I am not one extreme or the other.  I'd like to see
some focus, yet not so much so that we only have basic bricks in five colors
either.  I like having Themes and Sub-Themes.  But at the same time I don't
like when "over-theming"** when I feel limited too much.

It is much like the debate about specialized elements.  There are those of
us who hate them, those of us who love them, and those of us who seek the
middle ground of "some but not too many".  I for one am in that last
catagory for both debates.  The only tough thing is avoiding sounding like a
hypocrite when I complain about one thing and then give praise to another,
when in some eyes the two ideas might be the same thing...

-H.

** I think I will give that term a trademark.  I've seen others do that on
LUGNET and boy did I get jealous.  I dub Over-Theming(tm) a new concept in
my name!  It will refer to the idea that some theming is good if not
overdone.  You may all use it with my permission of course...  <big grin>